News & Events
Why Entrepreneurial Training Institute?
2017 July Business of the Month
Teresa Hollingbird-Jackson is founder and president of Aseret (TERESA spelled backwards) Development Series LLC, located in Westchester, Illinois.
2017 June Member of the Month
Pictured Left to Right: Mr. Jim Cesak, President/CEO, Tal-Mar Custom Metal Fabricators, Inc. and Mr. Al Brach, Project Manager, Tal-Mar Custom Metal Fabricators, Inc.
USMCA is proud to announce the JUNE 2017 Member of the Month,
Tal-Mar Custom Metal Fabricators, Inc.
Jim Cesak is the President of Tal-Mar Custom Metal Fabricators, Inc., located in Crestwood, IL. Tal-Mar was established in 1997 by Jim and his partners. This year marks the twentieth anniversary of Tal-Mar.
Jim graduated from Gage Park High School in 1971. He became a sheet metal apprentice and attended Washburne Trade School. Once he completed trade school, Jim went to work for Peerless Metal Products in Bridgeview, IL and remained an employee there until the founding of Tal-Mar.
Tal-Mar is signatory with four unions:
- Automobile Mechanics Local 701
- Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters Local 1693
- International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators Local 17
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 73, which Jim is still a member of.
Tal-Mar can do any custom metal fabrication project. No project is too big or too small. Experience, combined with the range of metal fabrication services provided under one roof, saves both time and money while providing quality service.
Tal-Mar’s expertise in stainless steel fabrications, as well as carbon steel, galvanized and aluminum, allows them to serve a broad range of industries. They service food processing, pharmaceutical, chemical, printing, carton industries and much more. Tal-Mar’s experienced designers, layout men, welders, machinists, field representatives and installation crews ensure a quality job every time.
A recent project completed by Tal-Mar was the fabrication and installation of handicap accessible boat ramps at Navy Pier. They also fabricated and installed the benches and bike ramps at Navy Pier.
- Air Pollution Control Systems
- Bag Dump Stations
- Blow Pipe Systems, Complete
- Blower Wheel/Housing Repair
- Boiler Breechings (Heavy gauge)
- Bumper Guards (For fork trucks)
- Carton Trim Lines
- Catwalks (Ladders, platforms)
- Concrete Forms
- Conveyors (Belt, pneumatic, screw)
- Curtain Wall (Dust, heat fumes)
- Cyclones (All welded, any gauge)
- Cylinders (Rolled up to 5' long)
- Dampers (Heavy gauge, custom)
- Diamondback ® Hoppers
- Elbows (3, 4, 5 gore, long radius)
- Enclosures (Fume, dust, particulate) Fume Scrubbers
- Floor Sweeps (For scrap removal)
- Guards (Machine, belt, drive)
- Hoppers (Dust, particulates, etc.)
- HVAC Work (Commercial and industrial)
- Incinerators (Build, repair)
- Ladders & Ladder Guards (per OSHA)
- Machining (Piece parts or special machinery)
- Makeup Air Systems (Industrial/Commercial)
- Ovens (Repair, rebuild, Install)
- Pans (Drip, catch, oil, dust)
- Pipe (18 gauge & heavier-all welded)
- Platforms (Per OSHA)
- Press Brake Forming (To 1/4" thick)
- Process Duct Systems
- Railings (For industrial platforms)
- Shafts (Including keyways-any diameter/length)
- Stacks (Any size shape or material)
- Saddle Taps, Tees (To fit existing trunk lines)
- Scrap & Trim Collection Systems
- Tanks (Many of them stainless)
- Valves (Diverters, gates)
- Ventilation Work (Industrial and commercial)
- Vessels (All types & sizes)
You can contact Mr. Jim Cesak at T:(708)371-0333 or at E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The USMCA is proud to honor our latest JUNE 2017 Member of the month, Tal-Mar Custom Metal Fabricators, Inc.
2017 May Member of the Month
Birk Creative is also an official digital coach for Google, Inc.
Google’s digital coaches are trusted community and business leaders in
nine U.S. metropolitan areas with large populations that are currently
under-represented online (e.g., Black, Latinx). They are proven online
marketing experts who use Google tools to achieve measurable growth.
Birk Creative will be sharing knowledge and experience on how building
a strong online presence can drive economic impact. Throughout 2017,
Birk Creative will host free digital business coaching sessions for
members of the U.S Minority Contractors Association.
2017 April Member of the Month
2017 March Member of the Month
Mr. Ernest Edwards, President/CEO
Established in 2000 by Ernest Edwards, President/CEO as a full service Glass and Miscellaneous Ornamental Metal contractor, U.S. Architectural Glass & Metal, Inc. employ experts with the years
ETI 3.0 Graduation
ETI 3.0 Graduation Ceremony is taking place
9700 West Higgins Road, Rosemont, Illinois
2016 25th Annual Builders Awards & Business Expo
Dear USMCA Member/Associate/Exhibitors/Guest,
The United States Minority Contractors Association (USMCA) invites you to be a part of this year's gala. Over three BILLION dollars of Illinois business is managed by this year’s participants at:
The 25th Annual Millennium Awards Banquet and The Waves of the Future Business Expo
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016.
Our goal for this year's Dinner Banquet is to recognize key leadership in the fields of construction, business, and government sectors. We acknowledge the results achieved by great male and female leaders as we celebrate their outstanding accomplishments throughout Chicagoland. We also encourage networking with these diverse multicultural and strategic community leaders.
The Waves of the Future Business Expo- CONNECT. EMPOWER. GROW.
Our objectives and goals for the USMCA Business Expo are to:
- Connect with businesses that can help further our Members' success through new innovative technology.
- Empower entrepreneurs that are in business or those looking to start a business.
- Grow the participants business by staying abreast of the opportunities available, and increase their revenue by at least 50%.
On behalf of the United States Minority Contractors Association (USMCA), we thank you in advance for all of your support and encouragement in making this event an outstanding success. I hope to see you personally, so we can get to know each other better, and chart a future together building successful entrepreneurs.
USMCA Business Expo & Banquet Committee Register
2016 USMCA Annual Golf Outing - Makray Memorial
The 2nd Annual Golf Outing was a success, we would like to thank everyone who participated!
We look forward to seeing you all at our Annual Millennium Builder Awards Banquet on Thursday November 10th at The Belvedere 1170 W. Devon Ave. Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Rivetna Architects:Millenium Builders: Architecture Firm of the Year Award
Rivetna Architects was recently awarded the "Millenium Builders: Architecture Firm of the Year" Award by the USMCA, Pastor Bullock.
Cyrus Rivetna, AIA, the founder and principal of Rivetna Architects, is both creative and practical. He is the recipient of the prestigious American Institute of Architects Henry Adams Award; a published and exhibited photographer; and an expert on ancient Zoroastrian fire temples, witness a recent interview for a CBS documentary. Much of his professional formation happened during his “Doshi Years”, a two-year stint as senior architect at Sangath (India) at the office of iconic architect Shri Balkrishna Doshi who worked with Le Corbusier in Paris and who returned to Ahmedabad to supervise Le Corbusier’s projects. Those “Doshi Years” were the crucible where the ancient architectural idiom of the east fused with the process and technology of the west, creating what would become the focus of Rivetna Architects: producing quality architecture which satisfies both the spirit and the practical.